Monday, March 28, 2011

4. How to make a recycled coffee cup card

Today's card is made with a recycled Starbucks paper coffee cup and a piece of scrapbooking paper.
I had been saving this cup that has the quote on it, "On the battlefield of ideas, winning requires moving toward the sound of the guns." by Newt Gingrich.

It had been sitting on the shelf above my desk for quite sometime and I was doing a bit of cleaning this weekend. It seemed the perfect time to transform this cup into a card.
So I cut the cup down to just the area of the quote but still left the top rim of the cup. There was still a bit of curve the the cardboard and it still looked like a cup.

I went through the stash and found this cute piece of scrapbooking paper that had a hand pointing graphic on it.

All that was left to do was trim the paper into a card shape and pop the cup on using a few strips of foam tape to keep the curve dimensional.

No comments:

Post a Comment