Monday, April 11, 2011

9. How to make a faux Polaroid greeting card

Today I have a triptych of greeting cards featuring a faux Polaroid on the cover. These were super easy to make.

First you may be wondering what the photos are of, well that's my confirmation back in 1983. I made these cards because my niece and nephew got confirmed this past weekend. I was lucky enough to get a new photo with the Bishop that confirmed them.

I think I will print out another copy of my confirmation day and the Bishop from then and the new one and use them in a journal page.

So now onto how I made the faux Polaroid. I sized the photo down to 3.5 inches and my photos from back then were already square but if you are working with a rectangle you will want to crop it to a square.

Then print it on photo paper and trim the top edge down to the same width as the sides and the bottom just a bit off to give it the Polaroid look.

I used modern gold photo corners to attach the faux Polaroid to the cover of the greeting card. I did this at an angle so it would look a bit casual like Polaroids tend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment